tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Pelegri--Llopart <Eduardo.Pelegrillop...@eng.sun.com>
Subject New version of the specs ... was ... Re: [PROPOSAL] New build targets for Tomcat
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:23:59 GMT
Sam says...

> I've heard rumors that the next version of the servlet specification will
> require JSP to be bundled with the Servlet.  I believe that that would be
> unfortunate, but in any case should merely be interpreted as a packaging
> statement, and not constrain the architecture of the implementation.

I do not know what "require JSP to be bundled with the Servlet" means,
but, for all the interpretations I can resolve this sentence into, this
is false.

Sam, you know my email, just send me mail the next time you hear a
silly rumor.  Actually, IBM is in the expert group, you can ask your
friendly representative for this.

	- eduard/o