tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Vijendran <...@pipedream.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New build targets for Tomcat
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:30:43 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 7/21/2000 6:12 PM, "Anil Vijendran" <Anil.Vijendran@eng.sun.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, sure, I saw your other targets in the original mail. I just haven't
> > heard
> > your reason about why making a distinction between compile/package-tomcat and
> > compile-package/-tomcat-jsp is needed.
> >
> > Tomcat as I see it is *the* RI for both Servlets and JSP. I haven't heard from
> > you anything worthwhile about why that needs to change.
>
> Because I don't want to have JSP in my distribution of Tomcat. :-)

Then, why don't you just write some personal ~jon/bin/strip-jasper-from-tomcat
script? Or have tomcat - jsp builds on your website? Or whatever....

I'm sure you could've done that in the time you spent mailing flames :-) Hmmm...
who am I to question that. Maybe you just like flames :-)

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)