tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Vijendran <Anil.Vijend...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New build targets for Tomcat
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:12:57 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 7/21/2000 5:55 PM, "Anil Vijendran" <akv@pipedream.org> wrote:
>
> > ok, -1 on having a build without JSP.
>
> Why? You can't -1 something without a detailed reason.

You can't propose something without a better reason. (I don't agree with your
original one. There have been security issues with Servlets, JSP, Unix, Windows
and so on... the security bugs in those components were fixed, not create
builds/releases without one component or the other)

> > Make a better case for it.... not
> > security bugs in Jasper. There are/have been security bugs that have nothing
> > to do with Jasper.
>
> I made a few cases for the addition of additional build targets. Read all
> the emails.

Yeah, sure, I saw your other targets in the original mail. I just haven't heard
your reason about why making a distinction between compile/package-tomcat and
compile-package/-tomcat-jsp is needed.

Tomcat as I see it is *the* RI for both Servlets and JSP. I haven't heard from
you anything worthwhile about why that needs to change.

--
Peace, Anil +<:-)