tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: building mod_jk on freebsd 4.0
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:08:35 GMT
Daniel Haischt wrote:

> hello,
>
> with the Makefile provided with the latest tomcat source snapshot,
> i successfully build mod_jk.
>
> below is the modified which leads to a successful build.
>
> currently i'm using the linux jdk (v1.2.2) from the blackdown team.
> if you are using the native freebsd jdk (v1.1.8) you definitely have
> to change the JAVA_INCL line!
>
> for the one who originally wrote the Makefile:
>
> freebsd uses it's own make utility (which isn't gmake)!
> so i had to change %.o and %.c to *.o and *.c.

Great, another FreeBSD user !!!

Can you help me with the JDK1.2.2 - I can't start tomcat with it
( it just crashes ).

I'm a mostly a Linux user, I have very limited experience on FreeBSD,
but I have to do a free bsd install and I'm stuck - jdk1.1 is very
slow and I have a hungup problem that may be related with the
JVM.

Costin