tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <Costin.Manola...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Bugrat a viable alternative to Bugzilla?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:24:27 GMT
Nick Bauman wrote:

> --- Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't understand what's the point of this vote -
> > if you want to volunteer and install bugrat on your
> > own system,
> > and provide this service to the community - please
> > do it, right now we don't have any bug tracking
> > system.
>
> To clarify, the question I was putting to vote was not
> "should I volunteer to install and maintain a
> bugtracking system", that has been decided; it was
> "should I install Bugrat or Bugzilla". IE: what is
> your preference.

I haven't used bugrat, but since it's java I would like to
give it a try. Maybe with a bit of work you can put it in
a sandbox, and at least you'll not have to worry about
security.

Regarding what to install on your own system - it's your
choice, and as Jon explained very well, it's not a subject of
too much discussion !  We don't have any bug system at all, so whatever
you
install will probably be used until a different solution is found,
and then we may compare them and use the best.

Costin