tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Catalina Documentation
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:42:48 GMT
Diether Samaey wrote:

> I'm looking for some more detailed (software developer) documentation
> on the Catalina architecture.  All I have right now is Craig's presentation
> for JavaOne and the documentation which comes with the source files.
>
> Any pointers to other documents would be greatly appreciated.  :)

In the directory "proposals/catalina/docs" there is a (somewhat dated)
"index.html" file that describes some of the original thinking behind
the
proposal, and forms the basis of what I presented along with the JavaOne
presentation.  In addition, the "proposals/catalina/docs/config"
directory
contains the beginnings of reference documentation about all of the
configuration opportunities you have in server.xml -- again it's not
complete,
but it's a substantial start.

That's about it at the moment.  But you may also find the Javadoc
comments for
the Catalina source code to be useful (use "./build.sh javadoc" from the
proposals/catalina directory).  There is quite a lot of discussion of
the
contracts that the various components must obey buried in the API docs.

> Thanks,
>
> Diether

Craig