tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Peckover <bre...@redlinesystems.com>
Subject Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM with Apache 1.3.12 &
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:36:09 GMT
A number of different people have emailed me with the same problem, so
I'll post what I have...

Well I solved it in a round about way.  I managed to compile Apache and
mod_JServ.so on my own, and everything works fine.

The new mod_jserv.so that my system generated can be found at
http://ecom-demo.digitalproductivity.com/mod_jserv.so.  I don't know if
it will solve the problem, but it might.  Otherwise, download the
apache_1.3.12 sources and tomcat sources (they include the jserv module)
and compile them yourself.

My compiling problems were linked to the fact that the configure and
make scripts for apache didn't put in the necessary linking information
into the apxs file.  I needed to change mine to include:

my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(gcc);  # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-L/home/openssl-0.9.5 -shared -lssl -lcrypto
   -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66 -lgcc);
   # substituted via Makefile.tmpl

Good luck,
Brent.

E-Commerce for Everyone