tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, Catalina, and Java2
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:44:19 GMT
Edward Wolpert wrote:

> The issue I asked about was only which 'version' of Java2 would be
> required
> for Tomcat 4.x. Jdk1.2 or Jdk 1.3. I mention this because by the time
> Tomcat 4.x starts, the BSD folks won't have Jdk1.3 ready... currently,
> they
> only have jdk1.2 in alpha stage.

My intent is to use JDK 1.2 as the baseline for Catalina's code.  Any
requirement for 1.3 will need to be reviewed (but might also not be an issue by
the time this matters).  The JSR requirement is to be "compatible with" the
security parts of JDK 1.3, and it's not yet clear to me that this will mean
"depends on".

Craig