tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dick Barnes <richard.bar...@snet.net>
Subject StaticInterceptor compiler error
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 01:57:40 GMT
I just downloaded the CVS code for tomcat and tried to build it...I'm
new to the tomcat build  process, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't a
result of anything in the  way I'm
configured...org\apache\tomcat\request\StaticInterceptor clearly does
include both packages,  org.apache.tomcat.core.* and
org.apache.tomcat.util.*...problem is I  can't find a  RequestUtil in
the former package...so I don't see why there would be  any
ambiguity...anybody have any insights for me?
 Dick

 tomcat:
     [Javac] Compiling 213 source files to
 D:\JavaTools\jakarta\build\tomcat\classes
     [Javac]
 D:\JavaTools\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\re
quest\StaticInterceptor.java:350:
 Ambiguous class: org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestUtil and
org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil
     [Javac]     Locale locale=RequestUtil.getLocale(req);