tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Bugs/patches - need help
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:46:34 GMT
> > It seems in some cases we still get ConnectionReset or
> > BrokenPipe exception.
> >
> > I have no idea how this can be filtered without removing all
> > IOExceptions, but at least in some clear cases we should do it.
> >
> > In EmbededTomcat ( or Tomcat with SSL enabled in server.xml )
> > we show traces when .keystore is missing or broken. A cleaner message
> > will help. ( I started fixing that )
> >
> > Also, we need to make sure all debugging is disabled and no
> > println or log sneaks in for the release.
> >

> OK, I'm going through and wiping out all stack traces.  I don't know
> how long it will take; I doubt it will be done for 3.2 beta 1.  I've

I think the problem is a bit more complex.

First, we need to have the stack traces in all places where something
shouldn't happen.  A good way to find the extra ones is to run watchdog
and verify that no stack trace is printed.
We should add more stack traces and messages for abnormal situations,
it is very important to have this.

The main problem is with exceptions that are frequent and we know
what is wrong - BrokenPipe for example. The difficulty consist in
filtering BrokenPipe, but to display all other IOExceptions.
What we do now is to check for "Broken Pipe" in the message -but that
doesn't work in foreign langauges.
Right now I don't know any solution for that...

> Sam - is the plan to use the same branch (tomcat_32) all the way up to
> the 3.2 release, or will you make a new branch for each 3.2 beta
> release?

I guess the new branch for 3.2 beta will be out of tomcat_32 branch, isn't
it ?

BTW, is it the -j option for synchronizing 2 branches ?

Costin