tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 beta status update
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:08:23 GMT
Torsten Glunde wrote:
> Anders Janmyr schrieb:
>
> > Hello Torsten,
> >
> > Am I correct to understand that you have a working Interceptor that allows
> > you to use URL rewrite with sessions all the time.
> >
> > If so are you willing to share the code? I am very interested in this
> > functionality and since it does not work correctly in Tomcat at the moment I
> > would appreciate it.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anders Janmyr

> I have already shared this code in the mailing lists of tomcat. But what do you
> mean with all the time.
> This Interceptor works without cookies, but not with a client disabling the
> cookies within a session. [...]

Actually, the bug was a bit more destructive than that. As soon as a request
with a session ID from a cookie was processed, a request from any client (not
just requests within the same session) handled by the same Request instance
could not use URL rewriting.

Anyway, URL rewriting should work in the latest nightly build. I committed a
patch (incl. some of Torsten's code) for this Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com