tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 beta status update
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:05:13 GMT
Hans Bergsten wrote:
> [...]
> I've tested the 3.2 beta with two tag libraries that were working fine with
> Tomcat 3.1, using JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT. I noticed the
> following problems:
>
> 1) URL rewriting seems to be broken again,
> 2) Cookies, and likely any other header, can not be set in a JSP page
>    if the page redirects. This looks like a problem discussed earlier
>    that I thought was fixed already.
> 3) Incorrect code generated for some custom actions.
>
> I will try to locate and fix these problems. I feel that they are all
> too serious to let 3.2 be released before they are fixed. If someone
> already has a fix for one or more, please let us know.

All of these are solved now and committed to both the main branch and
the tomcat_32 branch.

If anyone has the time (I'm afraid I don't) to do some stress testing
on Jasper, I think it would be a good idea. Number 3) above turned out
to be caused by static variables, missing resets in error cases, and
possibly a lack of synchronization here and there. Even after the fix
I did, there may be other similar cases that cause problems.

I'm also pretty sure there's a number of synchronization points that can
be removed after my fix, and with similar changes in other places, there
may be even more. I'm not familiar enough with the code to dare do any
major changes here, but if someone who is has the time, it would be
great. This should probably be done for 3.3 instead of 3.2 though.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com