tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 beta status update
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 23:58:59 GMT
Torsten Glunde wrote:

> Hi,
> >1) URL rewriting seems to be broken again,
>
> For this question I wrote the following some times ago, but without any
> answers, perhaps it would help. [...]

Thanks, but it seems like someone has already implemented your suggestion,
or at least a part of it (the getPort() problem still seems to be there).

While testing this again, I noticed that URL rewriting actually works fine
if I start out with cookies disabled. But if I start using cookies and
then disable cookies, it stops working.

It looks like the problem is that the sessionIdSource variable in RequestImpl
isn't reset when the instance is recycled. So if an instance has received the
session ID as a cookie once, and then receives a request without any session ID,
it will still report that it received a session ID as a cookie. This causes
isEncodeable() in HttpServletResponseFacade() to return false for a request
with a new session when a recycled instance (previously used with cookies) is
used.

I will set sessionIdSource to null in recycle(). That should take care of it.
I will also include your code for testing the value returned by getPort() so
it works even when port 80 is used.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com