tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 beta status update
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 21:12:23 GMT
rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I've uploaded a 3.2 beta to
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-1/ in case
> anybody wants to pound on it with me prior to wider availaiblity.  I have
> not uploaded any Linux or Windows specific binaries.
>
> I've also created a branch for tomcat_32.  Place any changes which you feel
> *must* go into the release there.  Business as usual can continue on the
> main branch.

I've tested the 3.2 beta with two tag libraries that were working fine with
Tomcat 3.1, using JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT. I noticed the
following problems:

1) URL rewriting seems to be broken again,
2) Cookies, and likely any other header, can not be set in a JSP page
   if the page redirects. This looks like a problem discussed earlier
   that I thought was fixed already.
3) Incorrect code generated for some custom actions.

I will try to locate and fix these problems. I feel that they are all
too serious to let 3.2 be released before they are fixed. If someone
already has a fix for one or more, please let us know.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com