tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <>
Subject tomcat 3.2 beta 2
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:30:37 GMT

I'm working on a RPM for Tomcat 3.2 beta 2.

For those who allready know my previous work on tomcat 3.1, I have
splitted the 3.1-4 into 2 new RPMs.

One is not architecture dependant (noarch) and the other arch dependant
(i386 for now)
which is for mod_jserv and mod_jk.

1) apache 1.3.x didn't use or support pthread but they are defined in
makefile for md_jk ?
  (-D_REENTRANT -pthread)

2) apxs compilation is bad at least for a Redhat system (/usr/sbin/apxs and

3) I reworked my spec file to have the a file map following the linux
software map :

	config in /etc/APPLIC/conf
	exec   in /usr/bin			(or /usr/sbin if only root
have to start/stop tomcat)
	datas  in /home/APPLIC		(the way Redhat does for Apache)
	doc	in /usr/doc/APPLIC
	libs	in /usr/lib/APPLIC/lib

   - Did you find it correct ?
   - Some paths like conf use home+conf ? Why not introduce a cm.getConf
     which allow use place configuration in SECURE AREA (like Apache).
     I could send you the revelant patch if wanted.

    void readMemoryRealm(Context ctx) throws Exception {
    ContextManager cm=ctx.getContextManager();
    String home=cm.getHome();
    File f=new File( home + "/conf/tomcat-users.xml");
    if( ! f.exists() ) {
        ctx.log( "File not found  " + f );

- Spéciale Audiard - Tonton Flingueurs -
"Mais y connaît pas Raoul ce mec. Y va avoir un reveil pénible.
J'ai voulu être diplomate à cause de vous tous, éviter qu'le sang coule mais
maint'nant c'est fini !
Je vais l'travailler en férocité ! l'faire marcher à coup d'latte, à ma
pogne je veux l'voir !
et j'vous promets qui demandera pardon ! et au garde-à-vous !"

View raw message