tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Klacansky, Igor" <IKlacan...@ccis2.ucsd.edu>
Subject Need further help with Error 500 - sun/tools/javac/Main
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:54:28 GMT
Hi all,

Please, I need a further help with my problem I sent:

> Subject: Re: still sun/tools/javac/Main
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask still for help on
>
> Error: 500
>
> Location: /examples/jsp/error/errorpge.jsp
>
> sun/tools/javac/Main
>
> (the stack trace as usually)
>
> The problem is all Tomcat JSP examples are working but the ErrorPage when
it
> should handle the error situation (on Win NT, Apache 1.3.12, Tomcat3.1). I
> saw the discussion on this subject and I tried everything suggested but
> without results.
> Is it possible that tomcat doesn't like path with spaces inside
("G:\Program
> Files\Apache Group\...")?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Igor

I got answer already:

>*	To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
><mailto:tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>*	Subject: Re: still sun/tools/javac/Main
>*	From: Pilho Kim <phkim@math.soongsil.ac.kr
><mailto:phkim@math.soongsil.ac.kr>>
>*	Date: Thu, 13 Jul 100 21:36:33 +0900 (KST)
><mailto:tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>Igor,
>
>I regard that you have found a bug of Tomcat 3.2 beta.
>
>The bug is independent of spaces in the requested real-path.
>

>See the method:
>
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.generateHeader()
>
>    writer.println("pageContext = _jspxFactory.getPageContext(this,
request,
>response,\n"
>					+ "\t\t\t"
>					+ writer.quoteString(error) + ", "
>(<---- error is "", here )
>					+ genSessionVariable + ", "
>					+ bufferSize + ", "
>					+ autoFlush
>					+ ");");

I am very grateful, but it is not of much help to me - I simply don't know
what to do!

I would appreciate very much, if somebody could tell me some work around,
what to avoid (all tomcat jsp-examples, but one are running!!!) - my project
got stuck and as you can imagine I am a bit frustrated.

Thank for any idea,

Igor Klacansky
iklacansky@ucsd.edu