tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/service SimpleTcpConnector.java SimpleTcpEndpoint.java TcpEndpoint.java TcpEndpointConnector.java
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:37:18 GMT
Please note: I fixed some bugs, or tried to, in PoolTcp* that were not
fixed in SimpleTcp*.  They related to a standalone server running for
a long time; eventually a disconnecting client would throw an
exception that was impropertly responded to by shutting down the
endpoint. I'm on vacation now with no direct connection so I can't
propagate the fix to SimpleTcp* myself.

I say "tried to" because stress testing seemed to show the bug had
gone but I'm still not quite convinced.

 - A