tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Nair <rn...@informix.com>
Subject Tomcat deployment in real world
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:23:36 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the docs on Tomcat from the jakarta site (Tomcat
- A minimalistic User's guide).
Although I have it setup to work with Apache, I noticed that the document
states it's not wise to deploy
Tomcat as a standalone container citing that it is not as fast, robust etc
as Apache. My questions are:

1. What are the limitations on Tomcat in terms of robustness: Can it handle
only so many hits? Is there
    an actual number to this limitation?
2. Is there any plan to make it a robust, real world deployment container,
especially since this is a java program?
3. This is more of a general Apache question : is there any chance of
Apache being built with Tomcat integrated
    into it in the near future?

Appreciate any answers you might have..

Regards

Rajesh Nair