tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Bauman <nixnix...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Bugrat a viable alternative to Bugzilla?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:24:46 GMT
--- Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't understand what's the point of this vote -
> if you want to volunteer and install bugrat on your
> own system,
> and provide this service to the community - please
> do it, right now we don't have any bug tracking
> system.

To clarify, the question I was putting to vote was not
"should I volunteer to install and maintain a
bugtracking system", that has been decided; it was
"should I install Bugrat or Bugzilla". IE: what is
your preference.

> If someone else do the same for bugzila - well, then
> we'll
> have to choose. I never used bugrat, but I would
> love to have
> to choose.
>
> If your vote is about installing something on
> jakarta.apache.org -
> you should ask the server admin, not us. In general
> the security
> policy of a site and the software that is installed
> is not subject to
> vote.

The vote is not about "installing something on
jakarta.apache.org". Sorry for the confusion.