tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arieh Markel <Arieh.Mar...@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject Network Re: ClassLoaders
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:44:47 GMT
Since the issue of Classloaders is this thread, I want to raise an
issue that I am about to tackle.

It concerns network class loading.

The application that we are currently delivering uses Tomcat in an embedded
manner, exposing the management capabilities of a well-defined (local and
remote - though well known - set of hosts).

In our future generation, the intent is to have servlets that provide
the management functionality of services found in a Jini Lookup Service
(or a Jiro Management Station - which is a Jini service).

Wanting to comply with the spirit of Jini, I would like to be able to
have the servlet and its related resources as a network loadable resource,
accessible via RMI stubs, proxies, etc.

I am wondering what are the opinions with regards to the ability to
incorporate network class loading to the equation.

Thanks,

Arieh