tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject Re: Bugs/patches - need help
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:03:36 GMT
On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 05:25:36PM -0700, Costin Manolache wrote:

> > > - few stack traces should be removed
> >
> > Which ones?
>
> It seems in some cases we still get ConnectionReset or
> BrokenPipe exception.
>
> I have no idea how this can be filtered without removing all
> IOExceptions, but at least in some clear cases we should do it.
>
> In EmbededTomcat ( or Tomcat with SSL enabled in server.xml )
> we show traces when .keystore is missing or broken. A cleaner message
> will help. ( I started fixing that )
>
> Also, we need to make sure all debugging is disabled and no
> println or log sneaks in for the release.

OK, I'm going through and wiping out all stack traces.  I don't know
how long it will take; I doubt it will be done for 3.2 beta 1.  I've
also tidied up LogHelper in a way that will hopefully make it easier
to eventually attach separate Loggers to individual Contexts (afaik,
that doesn't work yet).

Sam - is the plan to use the same branch (tomcat_32) all the way up to
the 3.2 release, or will you make a new branch for each 3.2 beta
release?