tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <g...@edamame.stinky.com>
Subject VOTE: Timestamps in log
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 07:37:51 GMT

I've implemented Timetamps in logs as follows:

You can turn them off entirely, turn them on as raw-msecs, or turn
them on as a clean time-date format (yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss)

Default behavior: on as string, e.g.
2000-07-04 10:41:23 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler on 8080

With timestampFormat="msec":
962719779440 - ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /examples )

You can also supply any arbitrary format string you want, to pass to
SimpleDateFormat.  It wasn't hard, so I just went and did it :-)

Any objections to adding this to the release branch?  It's much
cleaner than the current behavior (new Date().toString() or not at
all)

VOTE: add above to release branch?