tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Sommaruga <>
Subject Re: Jboss or JOnAs - which is better
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:40:42 GMT
I have tested both jboss and JOnAs. I think jboss is yet in rapid development
and yet have several bugs, JOnAs is quite stable and works fine in
production projects.
JOnAs is API conforms but have yet a partially container (not ejbActivate(),
ejbPassivate()), jboss seems to have a good container, JOnAs is well
documented, jboss is now poor documented
I suggest to use JOnAs for production project, look at jboss for
development project and for future release

Hope this help you

				Paolo Sommaruga

>Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:27:20 -0400
>From: Megan Ray <>
>Subject: Jboss or JOnAs - which is better
>To: Tomcat Interest List <>
>Thank you for answering my initial e-mail on free EJB server for Tomcat.
>After reviewing the e-mails - the two offerings I am most interested in are
>Jboss and JOnAs.    Does anyone know the pros and cons of one over the
>As always - thanks for your help!
>Megan Wertz Ray
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: