tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Katkere <katk...@praja.com>
Subject Auto generated JK and JServ config files
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:10:02 GMT
Looking at the sources I don't see any way of controlling what is written
into $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto (and tomcat-apache.conf).
Auto-generation of Alias and <Directory> directives is very useful, but
since we use RedHat, we can't even make it past the first line ("LoadModule
jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so"). I am sure a lot of others have hit this "one
size fits all" issue as well.

I don't mind trying to make this more configurable. What do you guys think
is the best way to parameterize/templatize auto file generation? This is
probably too trivial a task to try to define a custom template language or
even to justify bundling a third party template engine (:) ). If I were to
parameterize it somehow, I am not sure how I can pass information to
ApacheConfig task. Through server.xml? How?

-arun