tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Warner Onstine" <onst...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Just installed - receiving "out of environment space" error
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:06:58 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Megan Ray" <megray@prodigy.net>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>; <onstine@intalio.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 1:14 PM
Subject: RE: Just installed - receiving "out of environment space" error

> Hi Warner!
>
> I ran ...//bin/tomcat run - here is a combination of the log and the error
> message:   (NOTE:   I did change the memory setting for the DOS prompt as
> well)
>
> Here are the log files (can't copy them)
>

> In DOS window - after Contex log:  path="/admin"  and Context log:
> path="/struts-documentation" lines - is the following error:

> javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory

Sounds like its looking for either jaxp.jar or parser.jar or a compliant xml
parser such as xerces (xml.apache.org),  these are not *currently* (to my
knowledge), in the shipping version.  But I believe there was a thread about
including the sun ones for 3.2.

If you look at the tomcat.bat file here is the line:

rem   CLASSPATH    Must contain a JAXP-compatible XML parser, such as the
rem                "jaxp.jar" and "parser.jar" files from the JAXP Reference
rem                implementation.

Good Luck!