tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Elkins" <celk...@scardini.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat, JNDI and EJB's
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:05:21 GMT
> J2EE.jar includes an older version of tomcat, it may not work because of class
> conflict.

Including J2EE.jar in the classpath does not cause any problems (for me, at
least). However, this is contingent on bin/tomcat.bat (and tomcat.sh) continuing
to append the user's classpath after its own. In other words, as long as
tomcat.bat does the following, life will be just peachy:

    set CP=%TOMCAT_HOME%\classes
    set CP=%CP%;%CLASSPATH%
    start java %TOMCAT_OPTS% -classpath %CP% -Dtomcat.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%"
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I only mention this in light of the recent thread, 'Lutris_Kelp: [Fwd: What Do
We Do With The User's Classpath?]'.

--
Christopher Elkins