tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Rudnicki <jdr5l...@pacbell.net>
Subject Solve XML parser bag of cats by removing lib?
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 06:06:18 GMT
Could the XML bag of cats problem be solved by not storing servlet engine
packages in the global "lib" directory?  Why should the servlet engine
spread its dependencies among all web apps?

I'm thinking that there should be two "lib" directories: "lib" and "global".
LIB would store servlet engine dependencies and would not be available to
the classloaders for the web apps.
GLOBAL would store common packages and would be available to all web app
classloaders, but _not_ the servlet engines classloader.

Alas, I don't know how difficult this would be, but there already is
different classloaders for these things I believe.

Jim