tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Soutter" <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>
Subject CVS gone wacky? (was Re: clean build of tomcat from CVS fails)
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:55:15 GMT
Hi,

well, here's the resolution. I used cvs.exe v1.10 (and I tried an update
with 1.10.5 as well) under WinNT to download most of the jakarta-* packages
into a new directory, then I built them according to the instructions in the
README and the catalina README. Everything compiled apart from
jakarta-tomcat, which gave a few compilation errors.

Turns out these were about missing files - all the .java files in

jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet

were missing.

So, I downloaded them using the webcvs interface on the jakarta web site,
installed them and then it built fine.

Now, I'm a real CVS newby, so I dunno whats going wrong, but there
definitely seems to be some gremlims in the system somewhere!

cheers

Geoff