tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Dornquast" <matt...@cata.com>
Subject Re: What Do We Do With The User's Classpath?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:09:54 GMT
I like #1, but you failed to mention my favorite "feature" in the startup
scripts.
I like #1, but with one suggestion:

In Unix, the users "~/.tomcatrc" file is sourced, giving users the ability
to define custom environments specifically for tomcat.

This is great because I don't have to modify the startup scripts (and
remember that I've done so) making future upgrades easier.

Perhaps the classpath order could be:

~/.tomcatrc
$TOMCATHOME/lib
default classpath

I suggest this because if a user is defining overriding defaults, they
probably have a reason to do so and should have priority over tomcat's lib.

-Matthew