tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Taylor <>
Subject Can you get the webapp context path from the javax.servlet API?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:29:44 GMT
I had some really big problems with the implementation of jsp:include failing
from a JSP to a servlet, so I wrote my own include tag.

I need to know if there is a way to get the context path from without creating
a dependency on tomcat.  If my web-app context is /foo and I want to convert a
URL relative to the current context back into an external URL with the full
syntax, then I have to make the following call at this point:

I also think I ocould do it with

It seems to me that this is a simple enough thing to get the /foo portion of
the path back out of the Servlet engine, but I can't find this anywhere.

Thanks for the help,

Mike Taylor

View raw message