tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Harry J Foxwell <hfoxw...@osf1.gmu.edu>
Subject intercept question
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:04:15 GMT

I would like to do the following two tasks when a user/browser
requests an arbitrary URL from some web server (assuming going
through an apache/tomcat proxy:

	1) modify or augment the contents of the requested
	   web page BEFORE it is rendered by the browser

	2) activate a Java program on the proxy server based on
	   the observed content of the requested page

It appears that the new Catalina Valves implementation may be exactly
what I need, but that does not appear to be ready yet.  McClanahan
suggested using interceptors...are there any examples or detailed
documentation on how to do each of the above tasks?