tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cos...@costin.dnt.ro>
Subject RE: ApJServMount status
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:01:52 GMT
Sorry for the late reply,

I don't think this is the right fix - the 2.2 servlet spec requires that
the context is determined from the URI prefix.
I don't like that - but that's another story.

If you want to implement a different "mount" system, where the context is
not the URI prefix - you can implement another Interceptor ( similar with
SimpleMapper) that will allow you to use the (non-standard) contexts.
Your proposal is a good way to do that, but we can't make it the default
behavior.

ApJservMount works in Servlet 2.2  only if the 2 paths are identical,
zones do map into contexts but "mounting" doesn't.

( BTW, it would be nice if you edit a bit the request processing
description and submit it into Faq-o-matic ! )

Costin