tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Lian.Colb...@bridge.bellsouth.com
Subject Error build sample on NT4 SP5 - latest release build of tomcat - JDK 1.2.2
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:35:40 GMT
I'm new here, I downloaded the latest Tomcat release build, and I'm having
trouble building the sample program in the the doc directory, here's the error
message I got:

" Buildfile: build.xml
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Can't open config file: build.xml due to:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute names must not start with "<"
characters. "

Here's my environment setting:
Windows NT 4.0 Release 5
Sun JDK 1.2.2

I had no trouble starting the Tomcat. I guess I must have just missed something
important/obvious?

( I do have Apache server running, it should not matter, but I just want to
mention it)

Thanks.

-Lian Colburn