tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@sema.co.uk>
Subject RE: tomcat on openvms
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:25:51 GMT
Follow-up on my earlier postings:

We've now tried Tomcat on another VMS system, and we don't have the same
problem with overlong file names - that was a red herring [although
shortening them did fix the problem...].

The difference is that the new installation is installed at root level;
previously the installation was one level down.

i.e.
USER_DEV:[JAKARTA-TOMCAT] works
DEV:[USER.JAKARTA-TOMCAT] does not

[It turns out that the JVM silently truncates overlong file names, and also
converts illegal characters to underscores.]

HTH someone...

--
Sebastian Bazley <Sebastian.Bazley@sema.co.uk>
The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not necessarily endorsed