tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: PATCH - Fix for nested <% include ... %> bug
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 17:48:04 GMT
By "31.5", I assume you mean yesterday's source.

I grabbed today's (6/1/2000) source with along with the "cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/startup
Tomcat.java" update and rebuilt.  The test provided continues to run.  It includes the "incr.jsp"
and "incs.jsp" mutiple times (but not recursively) without error.  Without the patch, the
log file would show that an included file wasn't found (because relative paths were always
formed relative to the original page instead of the parent page), and the browser would receive
no output from Tomcat.

My patch doesn't actually address the "maybe this is a recursive include?!" error.  I believe
in Tomcat 3.1 final, including a file multiple times as in:

a.jsp
	includes b.jsp
	includes c.jsp
		includes b.jsp

would give this error because b.jsp was included twice, even though it isn't included recursively.
 This has been fixed in Tomcat 3.2, though by design it won't allow recursive includes.

What sequence of includes are you using that is giving this error?

Larry