tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Rice <rr...@commonvision.com>
Subject Tomcat and Security
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:45:37 GMT
I am presently using Tomcat 3.1 for demonstrating prototypes of a web
application my company is working on.  However, there is no real security
(HTTPS) in Tomcat 3.1. While I have read the dev mailing list archives and I
hear some talk about SSL, is this a real goal for 3.2 or just a wishing
point.  While I can get SSL with Apache and Tomcat I would prefer just using
Tomcat since I do not need a heavy weight Web Server and the additional
complication it brings to the project.  While I have the Sun JCE and could
modify the code from 3.1, I am not near as familiar with the internal code
as the members of this group.  Yet, having SSL is a real need for this
project.  So, if there is anything I can help with to further this part of
Tomcat, please ask.

Some ideas I would like to see in Tomcat.

	Http (80)  - Standard Class path;   (Mostly my login screens)

	Https (443) - Separate Class path; or some external way to prevent
                    particular classes from being available outside of SSL

	Running on the same computer.