tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Towards a 3.2 release
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:12:07 GMT
on 6/14/2000 10:23 AM, rubys@us.ibm.com at rubys@us.ibm.com wrote:

> So note: I am not proposing any functionallity that I see as must-have, I
> simply believe that there needs to be a stable ship vehicle for all the
> good work (e.g.: performance, JNI connectors, NT service, JAXP, ...) to
> date.  If there are things that people believe must be in, please let me
> know (preferably by posting it on the mailing list).
>
> - Sam Ruby

I'm +1 on a release.

Let me point out that I think that there is a problem in the classreloading
/ session serializing code that is causing it to drop the session objects at
some point during reload. I haven't been able to entirely track down the
problem yet, but it is one of those "it works with Apache JServ, but doesn't
with Tomcat" problems now. ug. I will be working on that over the next few
days.

-jon