tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Chun, Byung (GEAE, Elano)" <byung.c...@ae.ge.com>
Subject RE: Global caching hack?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:19:13 GMT
We are currently porting the entity portions of our design
over to EJB's to achieve the same effect.

Jin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Reichhold [mailto:reichhold@singingfish.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 1:06 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Global caching hack?

What about an RMI object that can be accessed from each servlet/JSP? This
way you have one cache which is available from multiple JVM's and contexts
and you can keep the pool to a single instance?  Not sure of the symantics
of the JSP page (may need to use a bean), but why not try it?  Does anyone
have any experience that would show that this would be a bad thing to do?
It seems to me that this is a really powerful technique which isn't used
nearly enough.  Thoughts?

Jonathan