tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ken X Horn" <horn_...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject Re: [integration in jBoss] class loader question
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:49:55 GMT
When constructing the ACL without passing the parent class loader, it has to set
the parent to null. I tried to set it to this.getClass().getClassLoader()  - cos
it seemed to make sense - but ran into constructor init sequence problems (since
the Object constructor hasn't run yet I think). I suppose later in the
constructor, it could have been set but only just thought of that ... ;o)  (can
do this since we're not using the JDK1.2 classloader, parent
attribute/constructor)

Best solution though is to pass the parent constructor on instantiation IMO.

Ken.

costin@eng.sun.com on 15/06/2000 00:22:40

Please respond to tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org