tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Chhatpar <Arun.Chhat...@nbci.com>
Subject HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:59:13 GMT
Hi team,
	I am running latest Tomcat build with JDK1.2.2 (Hotspot), Apache on
Solaris 5.6 . And I see this error most often on the console :-

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12ResponseAdapter.sendStatus(Ajp12Con
nectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.endHeaders(HttpResponseAd
apter.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.sendHeaders(BufferedServl
etOutputStream.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(BufferedServl
etOutputStream.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.close(BufferedServletOutp
utStream.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.close(PrintWriter.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.finish(ResponseImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

And after some time, the server hangs. I am not sure what is causing Tomcat
to die. Some body on this list suggested to compile the latest jserv_mod.so
to eliminate this problem. But that didn't help.

I would highly appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks,
Arun.