tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From James Luo <Min-Hua....@oracle.com>
Subject JSP sample does not work in Tomcat 3.1
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:44:57 GMT
Hi,

  I am using Tomcat 3.1 & JDK 1.2.2 on RedHat Linux 6.2. I have set
JAVA_HOME to JDK 1.2.2 installation directory, PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin,
CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar. I start Tomcat web server as a
standalone web server by using startup.sh provided by Tomcat.

  I can run all bundled Servler examples without problem. However, all
JSP samples does not work. When click Execute link, the browser sent
error 500 back. I found TOMCAT_HOME/work directory has *.java files
correspond to those JSP samples. However, no class file generated. This
is true because the error message from browser complain that
Compiler.compile class not found.

  It seems like a CLASSPATH problem. Can some one please help me in how
to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

James Luo