tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Arion Yu <ario...@stt.com.hk>
Subject Re: newbie question...please help re:image processing servlet with tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:43:01 GMT
Hi!

Some sharing in Linux platform might give you some insight.
AWT as well as image stuff use X (you may think it is the console window). If
tomcat is run as background without login (start as service or whatever), X is
not accessible. It may be similar in Windows. To test for it, simply start
tomcat manually in command prompt instead of service.

Hope this help.

Arion