tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James A. Rome" <...@y12.doe.gov>
Subject Difficulties making the mod_jserv connector
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:11:27 GMT
Changes necessary to build mod_jserv under jakarta-tomcat 3.1:
0.  We had to find the correct dirtribution. The web page with the
    correct source tree look identical to the one with just the program
code.

1.  We had to add '-Wc,-xCC' to the apxs command line using the
    Sun Workshop C compiler to allow the C++-style comments throughout
    the source code.

2.  Header files seemed to have carriage returns (^M) which caused many
    warnings from the Workshop C compiler.

3.  The apxs command generated a ld command with two -o options,
    '-o autochange.so' at the beginning and '-o mod_jserv.so' at the
    end.  The link editor took the first one.  We had to enter the
    command without the '-o autochange.so' manually.

 Ron Lee                       | Email: leerw@ornl.gov,
leerw@bigfoot.com
 Oak Ridge National Laboratory | Phone: 865-241-5115    Fax:
865-574-9619
 POB 2008, Bldg 6025           | Web  : http://www.epm.ornl.gov/~re7/
 Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6363     |        http://www.bigfoot.com/~leerw/