tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James A. Rome" <...@y12.doe.gov>
Subject Re: Certificate information is not transferred by Tomcat
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:51:02 GMT
Unfortunately, Microsoft's IIS does not seem to make the WHOLE contents
of the certificate available (e.g., the public key!) so that is
impossible...

JamesW@cardsetc.com wrote:

> > Netscape ES 3.62 and IIS do not! I was using Tomcat 3.1.
>
> It's not the web-server that has to support it... what ever 'glue' your
> servlet container (JRun, Tomcat) provides (in Tomcat's case, its known as
> an interceptor) for accepting requests from a web server needs to
> understand how that web server makes the various SSL parameters known, and
> then make sure that they appear in the ServletRequest as an attribute named
> 'javax.servlet.X509Certificate' - REGARDLESS of the mechanism between the
> web server and the servlet container's interceptor.
>
> I think that's right anyway ;-)
>
> Regards,
> James W.

> Visit us at Cards Australia 2000 on Stand 31A.  Cards Australia will be
> held at the Melbourne Convention Centre from July 4-6 2000.
> This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302). It may contain
> privileged and confidential information. It is intended for the named
> recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
> immediately by reply e-mail or by phone on +61 2 9212 7773 & delete this
> e-mail from your system.

James A. Rome
Lockheed Martin Energy Systems
Center for Information Infrastructure Technology
1099 Commerce Park Drive
MS 7615
Oak Ridge, TN 37830-8027
Phone: (865) 574-1306