tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jef Newsom <jnew...@axyssolutions.com>
Subject Re: Debugging JSP and servlets in [IDE]
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:26:08 GMT
I wasn't part of this conversation, but I think that the primary reason I
want to debug in an ide rather than a stand-alone debugger is because I
consider detecting and determining the source of errors to be a critical
and necessary part of developing software, and I prefer to develop
software in an advanced ide like
<satisfied-customer>VisualAge</satisfied-customer>. The last thing I want
to do is to have to have fourteen bazillion different applications open
for a single project. The karmira product you mentioned looks nice, but at
$195, I can get a copy of VisualAge professional cheaper, which includes
most of the debugging features that karmira offers plus a sophisticated
ide. Unfortunately, I don't think they support JDPA in anything but their
embedded dev ide, but I have confidence that they will port and integrate
in a reasonable time frame.

$0.02,
jef