tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@virgil.nl>
Subject Re: Debugging JSP and servlets in [IDE]
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:48:53 GMT
Hi,

I don't want to offend anybody, but why is everybody so interested in
debugging Tomcat in an IDE. For those of you working with the Java 2
platform I suggest using a dedicated debugger based on the JPDA
http://java.sun.com/products/jpda

If you take BugSeeker for Java 2 for example you have a (remote)
debugging component for just a few pennies (compared with those
enterprise IDE's)
http://www.karmira.com/products/bugseeker2/beta.html

There are also a few open source projects for an implementation of the
JPDA but I think none of them have a real working product yet.
--
Mark Brouwer
Virgil B.V.