tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@virgil.nl>
Subject Re: Loading and hit rate question on Tomcat
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:42:59 GMT
Hi Vasile,

Vasile GABURICI wrote:

>         Hi,
>
>         I can only give a comparative answer to your question. If you have
> previously used other server page technologies, you can have a look at
> http://www.ss.pub.ro/~gaburici/nstomcat/perf where the performance of
> an ADP page (similar to ASP but uses TCL) is tested against its JSP
> counterpart on Tomcat.

Thanks for chairing your tests/benchmarks with us. I must admit some
quite impressive hit rates already.

I have one question I was not able to resolve from your website. Were
your test client(s) running on the same machine or on a separate one, if
so what kind of network did you have between the server and the client.

And one request, do you see a change to extend your tests with an
increasing number of concurrent request to give some idea of the
scalability of Tomcat.

Thanks,
--
Mark Brouwer