tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Brouwer <mark.brou...@virgil.nl>
Subject Good news from JCP (JDK 1.4)
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:09:12 GMT
Hi all,

Not directly related to Tomcat (right now), but interesting enough to
post it here.

Recently a pdf describing the planned features for JDK 1.4 (Merlin) has
been released by JSR-000059,
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr059/merlin.pdf.

Many of the proposed additions and enhancements would be welcomed by
Tomcat developers IMHO, especially things as richer IO Exceptions and
scalable I/O for sockets (no longer a thread per socket). However not
all nice things are PRIO 1, therefore please mail to the JSR to make
your needs knowable, otherwise we have to wait another year.

So can we now start a discussion about the minimal JDK level for Tomcat
to be JDK 1.4 at the beginning of 2001 :-)
--
Mark Brouwer