tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James A. Rome" <...@y12.doe.gov>
Subject Re: [Fwd: The Windows tomcat connector seems to be brain dead forsecurity]
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:25:59 GMT
Gal,

Can't you code the connector to fond out ALL the server environment
variables automatically, and then pass them all on to the servlet? I
wouldn't call these "arbitrary" environment viriables.

Unfortunately, without the client certificate inmformation, Servlets are
useless to me, so I guess I will have to go back to JRun.

Please let me know when you get around to fixing this.

Thanks,
Jim

Gal Shachor wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > The following email conversation discusses what appears to be a bug in the way that
the IIS connector
> > passes certificate information to Tomcat.  Gal or Costin, could you guys evaluate
this and fix
> > anything that is broken?
> >

> I would not call this a bug but more of a missing feature...
>
> James wants us to pass arbitrary environment variables from IIS to
> Tomcat and this
> is really an important feature for all servers! Its been on my
> to-do-feature radar
> for some time and eventually I will find the time to do it.
>
> As for the SSL related work in the plugins. Until now I concentrated on
> providing the
> standard SSL attribute meaning:
>
> 1. Is SSL on?
> 2. Ciphers
> 3. Session
> 4. Client certificates.
>
> On servers such as Apache and Netscape (servers that play by the rules
> :)) I actually
> pass all this info, but IIS is different so It will require some more
> time.
>
>         Gal Shachor

James A. Rome
Lockheed Martin Energy Systems
Center for Information Infrastructure Technology
1099 Commerce Park Drive
MS 7615
Oak Ridge, TN 37830-8027
Phone: (865) 574-1306