tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Manie Coetzee <ma...@hemtech.co.za>
Subject IE5 + Apache Tomcat
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:03:12 GMT
Hi

I have mentioned before that I have a problem with
Tomcat and IE5/IE4.  I have the follwoning setup.

A login jsp page, a main menu jsp page.  Each page have a
<%@ include file="Footer.jsp" %> directive right at the end.

When you log in the Login jsp page will redirect the browser to the
main menu.  At this point everything is still fine.  When you login
again,
and is directed to the main menu, I get html characters on the screen
with a part of the login screen.  The browser is also loading for
a while, on what I don't know.

I went and made the Footer.jsp contents much smaller, about one
sentence.
When I did this everything worked fine.  When I have about 5 sentences
I get the above problem.  This problem only occurs in IE5/4.  Netscape
works fine.

The following is part of the html characters that I get:

HTTP/1.1 200 Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:58:00 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.12
(Win32) tomcat/1.0 Content-Language: en Pragma: no-cache Servlet-Engine:
Tomcat Web Server/3.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.3.0; Windows NT 4.0
x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.) Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=98
Connection: Keep-Alive Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type:
text/html;charset=8859_1 ad7

The only thing I can think is that some internal buffer is not flushed
although I call <% out.flush() %> in the Footer.jsp.  The funny thing is
that
when I refresh the page, everything looks fine and the funny stuff
dissapears.

Can anybody help?  I tried to be as specific as possible.  If somebody
have not encountered something like this can someone at least give me
a couple pointers to what or where I must look at.